IBCF has long standing relationships with multilingual international corporate counsel in Japan, who have a network of local filing and document retrieval experts and translators adept at navigating the local terrain.
Let IBCF help introduce your business to Japan!
IBCF Services in Japan
- Entity Formations and Foreign Registrations
The two most common types of entities formed in Japan are a Kabusihki Kaisha (joint stock company) and a Godo Kaisha (company limited by shares). Regardless of the entity type, in most cases a Resident Representative will be required when setting up a Kabusihki Kaisha (KK) or a Godo Kaisha (GK). Both entity types will also be required to have a physical registered office. Several documents will be drafted in Japanese, based on information provided which will require the Company Chop, or the company seal required by the registry.
- Registered Agent/Registered Office
For additional information about this service, speak with a corporate specialist directly at +1 845 398 0900 or complete the contact form and a corporate specialist will contact you shortly.
- Document Retrievals (i.e Good Standing, Certified Copy)
IBCF can obtain certified extracts, known as a Kabushiki Kaisha, for entities registered in Japan which will confirm the basic details on file with the Corporate Registry. Depending on the document required, we can also assist with finding the right certificate or extract
IBCF has local Japanese experts in major cities with extensive experience obtaining various inter-country certifications and legalizations from international consulates. IBCF can manage the entire legalization process from obtaining the documents to certifications at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and on to be legalized at the consulate of the recipient jurisdiction.
- Due Diligence Searches (i.e Lien, Judgment, Bankruptcy)
IBCF can also conduct a variety of due diligence searches, file and retrieve trademarks, and other services in Japan. The Japanese economy remains a powerhouse not only in Asia but internationally.
Doing business in a foreign jurisdiction is time consuming enough, let alone the corporate governance and reporting that goes with it.
Partnering with IBCF as your single point of contact can assure you that your critical corporate compliance requirements are handled in a timely, expeditious and cost conscious manner.
An overview of our corporate compliance offerings include:
• Manage yearly jurisdictional compliance requirements and information
• Preparation and filing of statutory filings with corporate registry
• Maintenance of corporate information on compliance specific platform
• Due date tracking capabilities
• Maintain company shareholders and minutes
• Prepare board and/or shareholder resolutions
• Prepare and file audit documents related to corporate changes
• Prepare and file director, officer and shareholder changes
• Prepare meeting documents
• Registered Agent/Registered Office
*Availability of Services are subject to change
For additional information and pricing about our corporate compliance offerings, please contact us and a compliance specialist will contact you shortly.